Crane Duty Helical Gear Boxes
Satisfactory performance of the gearbox is dependent upon correct selection. Selecting a gear unit is definitely influenced by the class of duty of the crane that ought to be determined and specific. Single, Double and Triple stage Horizontal equipment units type HA, HB and HC are recommended for Hoist and Long Travel drive. Three stage vertical gear models type VC are recommended for cross travel drives of the EOT crane. Assembly arrangement should be specified while ordering the gear units.
1. Compute the mandatory reduction ratio.
2. Determine the horsepower required for the prime mover.
3. Refer to the rating desk, discover in the ratio column and predicated on input rpm examine the gear box ranking horizontally for various class of duty of the crane.
4. The size ought to be selected in a way that the ranked HP is equal or more than the consumed HP.
1. Select a unit to transmit 9 HP from 720 rpm electric electric motor for hoist drive in a class II duty crane, the reduction ratio required is 31.50.
· For hoist drive a two stage horizontal gearbox type HB will be suitable.
· Start to see the ratio column and in the size HB-350, for input rpm of 720 in course II duty the ranked HP is 9.5
· As the consumed HP is usually 9, the machine HB-350 will be suitable.
2. Select a unit to transmit 3 HP from 960 rpm electric motor for cross travel drive in a class IV duty crane, the reduction ratio required is 14.26.
· For cross travel drive, a vertical gearbox type VC will become suitable.
· See the ratio column and in the size VC – 32Q, for insight rpm of 960 in course IV duty the rated HP is 3
Would certainly you prefer to boost your understanding regarding crane duty helical gearbox?